National Days in May
National days in May provide the perfect opportunity to either celebrate or commiserate, depending on your point of view.
There are a number of special days in May that offer a chance to have some fun, including National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, National Burger Day, and National Dance like a Chicken Day.
- 1Teacher Appreciation WeekTeacher Appreciation Week is a time to celebrate the hard work and dedication of teachers across the country. Teacher Appreciation Week is celebrated in May. Check the calendar for the first full week in May and you know when the celebrations are. This is a great time to show your appreciation for all that your , ...International Labor DayAll DayInternational Labor Day is an annual holiday commemorating workers’ achievements. The origins of International Labor Day can be traced back to the labor union movement, specifically the eight-hour day movement, which advocated for eight hours of work, eight hours of recreation, and eight hours of rest.Most c , ...
- 2Teacher Appreciation WeekTeacher Appreciation Week is a time to celebrate the hard work and dedication of teachers across the country. Teacher Appreciation Week is celebrated in May. Check the calendar for the first full week in May and you know when the celebrations are. This is a great time to show your appreciation for all that your , ...
- 3Teacher Appreciation WeekTeacher Appreciation Week is a time to celebrate the hard work and dedication of teachers across the country. Teacher Appreciation Week is celebrated in May. Check the calendar for the first full week in May and you know when the celebrations are. This is a great time to show your appreciation for all that your , ...National Textiles DayAll DayNational Textiles Day is a day to celebrate the textile industry in America. This industry is responsible for providing jobs for millions of Americans and contributes billions of dollars to the economy each year. On this day, we honor the hard work and dedication of the men and women who make our clothes, carpets, and , ...
- 4Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5Bonza Bottler DayAll DayTime to celebrate National Bonza Bottler Day! This fun holiday is all about honoring those who go above and beyond, those who are always there for us, and those who make life a little sweeter. So today, we’re taking a moment to celebrate the bonza bottlers in our lives!What is Bonza Bottler Day?Bonza Bot , ...Teacher Appreciation Week
- 10Mother Ocean DayAll DayEvery year on the 10th of May, Mother Ocean Day is a day we celebrate. A day that is all about raising awareness for the issues our oceans are facing and what we can do to help.The ocean is essential for life on planet earth. It covers 71% of the earth’s surface and is home to over 97% of the earth’s w , ...
- 11National Foam Rolling DayAll DayNational Foam Rolling Day is a day to celebrate the benefits of foam rolling and to encourage everyone to give it a try.Foam rolling is a type of self-massage that can help to relieve muscle soreness and tension. It is often used as a part of a warm-up routine before exercise, or as a way to recover from a workout , ...
- 16National Barbecue DayAll DayNational Barbecue Day is a day to celebrate one of America’s favorite pastimes: grilling!This delicious tradition originated in the southern United States, where BBQ parties are often held outdoors in parks or backyards.On this day, friends and family gather together to enjoy tasty grilled food and each , ...
- 18National No Dirty Dishes DayAll DayToday is National No Dirty Dishes Day! If you’re like me, you love receiving gifts, but don’t love having to clean up afterwards. That’s why today is the perfect day to celebrate all of those wonderful gifts that don’t require any cleanup! Whether it’s a gift card, a new book, or a fun to , ...
- 24National Asparagus DayNational Asparagus Day is celebrated on May 24th in the United States. This day celebrates the nutritional vegetable, asparagus.On this day, people are encouraged to eat asparagus and to learn about the health benefits of this vegetable. Many recipes include asparagus, so this is a great day to try something new. , ...
- 25National Wine DayNational Wine Day is celebrated on the 25th of May and is a day to enjoy and appreciate all different types of wine. There are many ways to celebrate National Wine Day, but one of the best ways is to visit a local winery or vineyard. This is a great way to learn about the different types of wines available and also to , ...
- 26National Airplane Paper DayNational Airplane Paper Day is celebrated on May 26th. This holiday was created to honor the invention of the airplane. On this day, people all over the world come together to celebrate this amazing invention.Airplanes have become a vital part of our lives and have changed the way we travel. They allow us to trave , ...
- 27Children’s Day NigeriaAll DayDid you know that Children’s Day Nigeria falls on May 27th every year and is a special day set aside to celebrate children? On this day, Nigerians come together to enjoy activities and events that are specifically geared towards kids. So mark your calendar and get ready for some fun!Celebrating Children̵ , ...
Whether you’re looking for an excuse to party or just want to know what’s going on, here’s a list of national days in May that you don’t want to miss.