If you’re like me, then you love any excuse to celebrate and have a good time.
There’s something about January that just feels festive. Maybe it’s the chilly weather, well when you live in the northern hemisphere that is, that makes us all want to huddle around a warm fire, or maybe it’s the excitement of a new year that has us all feeling optimistic.
Yes, January is one of my favorite months – there are so many National Days to get excited about! From National Popcorn Day to National Puzzle Day, there’s no shortage of fun things to do.
So this January, make sure to mark these special days on your calendar and enjoy the festivities.
Whether you’re shopping for gifts, throwing a party, or just taking some time to relax and have some fun, these celebrations are definitely worth checking out.
In any case, there are plenty of fun national days in January to help get you into the spirit!
January is full of fun and weird national and international days. If you’re looking for a unique gift, or want to know what to do on a specific day, look no further!
- 1Apple Gifting DayOn Apple Gifting Day, people across the United States give apples to their friends and loved ones. The tradition started a long time ago when apples were a symbol of good luck and prosperity.History of Apple Gifting DayThe tradition of giving apples on Apple Gifting Day is believed to date back to the ear , ...World Day of PeaceAll DayThe World Day of Peace is celebrated every year on January 1st. The day was established by the United Nations in 1981 as a day for “commemorating and strengthening the ideals of peace both within and among all nations and people.”The day is also meant to be a time for reflection, prayer, and action tow , ...National Bloody Mary DayAll DayHappy 1st of January, National Bloody Mary Day! It is the perfect day to celebrate if you’re a fan of this delicious and refreshing cocktail, especially after New Year’s Eve.Do you still have a hangover? Well, they say that a Blood Mary helps.Whether this is true or not, a bloody mary with vodka or , ...National Hangover DayAll DayNo one likes a hangover and then someone created National Hangover Day, this must be a joke, right?The throbbing headache, the queasy stomach, the cotton mouth… it’s enough to make you wish you’d never had that last drink. But alas, we’ve all been there. And for some of us, National Hangove , ...Commitment DayAll DayNew Years DayAll DayIt’s hard to believe that another year has gone by, but here we are again at the start of a new one. For many people, the 1st of January, on New Years Day is a time to reflect on the past year and set goals for the coming one.It’s also a time to spend time with family and friends, and maybe even indulg , ...Copyright Law DayAll DayThe first of January is Copyright Law Day, a day to celebrate the progress of copyright law and educate the public about its importance. Copyright law protects creators and their creations, ensuring that they can continue to create and disseminate their work.Let’s take a look at the history of copyright law , ...Bonza Bottler DayAll DayTime to celebrate National Bonza Bottler Day! This fun holiday is all about honoring those who go above and beyond, those who are always there for us, and those who make life a little sweeter. So today, we’re taking a moment to celebrate the bonza bottlers in our lives!What is Bonza Bottler Day?Bonza Bot , ...Ellis Island DayAll DayThe first of January is Ellis Island Day, a national holiday in the United States. On this day, we commemorate the arrival of the first immigrants to Ellis Island, New York. This day is an important reminder of the contributions that immigrants have made to our country. As we celebrate Ellis Island Day, let us remembe , ...
- 2World Introvert DayAll DayWorld Introvert Day is a day to celebrate and appreciate introverts! Reading the blogpost Here’s why we need a World Introvert Day | Professional Career Advice | Personalized Career and Life Advice by Felicitas Heyne (ipersonic.com) then it is clear that we just need to do more for introverts. Jenn Granneman, au , ...55 mph Speed Limit DayAll DayThe 55 mph Speed Limit Day is a national event celebrated annually on the 2nd of January. The day commemorates the establishment of the National Maximum Speed Law, which was enacted on December 23, 1973, and resulted in the nationwide speed limit being set at 55 miles per hourThe event is celebrated by both car en , ...National Erika DayAll DayIs your name Erika or do you know someone whose name is Erica? If so, then celebrate National Erika Day on the 2nd of January.Erika Day is a special day all unto itself. It’s a time to reflect on the amazing women out there who share the name, Erika. Whether you’re an Erika yourself or know someone who , ...Motivation and Inspiration DayAll DayMotivation and Inspiration Day is celebrated on the 2nd of January annually. It is a day to encourage and motivate people to pursue their dreams and goals. On this day, people are encouraged to set new goals and resolutions for the coming year. The day is also a time to reflect on the past year and learn from any mist , ...
- 3National Drinking Straw DayAll DayNational Drinking Straw Day! A day to celebrate a simple invention that has made drinking much easier (and cleaner!) for all of us. Whether you’re sipping a cold beverage on a hot day or enjoying a smoothie for breakfast, straws make it easy and fun to drink. So today, take some time to enjoy your favorite drink , ...
- 4Free Flower Basket DayAll DayOn January 4, Free Flower Basket Day, people across the country can enjoy a free flower basket! This day is an excellent opportunity to show your loved ones how much you care by giving them a beautiful bouquet of flowers. You can also use this day to spread some cheer by handing out free flower baskets to strangers. W , ...National Spaghetti DayAll DayNational Spaghetti Day, Spaghetti is one of those dishes that everyone seems to love. It’s simple, hearty, and just the right amount of filling. But on top of all of that, it’s also so versatile! You can have it with red sauce, white sauce, meatballs, sausage… the possibilities are endless!After , ...
- 5National Keto DayAll DayNational Keto day is celebrated on the 5th of January and is the day to celebrate the ketogenic diet and its many benefits. The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that has been shown to be very effective in treating various health conditions. The keto diet has been shown to be beneficial in treating e , ...
- 6National Bean DayAll DayNational bean day is celebrated on the 6th of January and for us, in the northern hemisphere, this is an excellent day to make your favorite bean meal.Whether you like black beans, white beans, kidney beans, or pinto beans, there are tons of recipes out there for you to try.How Healthy are Beans?Beans are , ...
- 7Old Rock DayAll DayDo you love old rocks? Do you love learning about how our planet has changed over time? Then join us in celebrating Old Rock Day! On this day, we take a minute to appreciate all of the histories that rocks have to tell us. Rocks can tell us about the climate thousands of years ago, how oceans and rivers have shifted, , ...
- 8National Bubble Bath DayAll DayIf there’s one thing women love, it’s a good ol’ fashioned bubble bath. And what could be better than taking a luxurious soak in bubbles on National Bubble Bath Day? Whether you’re soaking away the stresses of the day or treating yourself to some R&R, today is the perfect day to pamper your , ...
- 9National Apricot DayAll DayWhat could be better than sinking your teeth into a juicy, ripe apricot on a hot summer day? Nothing, that’s what! In honor of National Apricot Day, we’re celebrating all things apricot—from recipes to nutritional information. So come along and learn everything you need to know about America’s favori , ...
- 10National Cut Your Energy Costs DayAll DayOn January 10th, Americans across the country will celebrate National Cut Your Energy Costs Day. This day is all about taking small steps to save energy and money. Every little bit counts when it comes to saving energy, so use this day as an opportunity to start making changes in your home or office. The purpose of Nat , ...
- 11National Milk DayAll DayNational Milk Day, a drink we enjoy and for some on a daily basis.Milk has been a part of the human diet for thousands of years and is considered a staple in many cultures. It is a natural source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, and vitamin D, as well as protein and fatNot only is milk a delicious and nut , ...Secret Pal DayAll DayThe 11th of January is Secret Pal Day! A day to celebrate the joy of giving and receiving anonymous gifts. Whether secretly delivering a gift to a friend, or receiving one yourself, the happiness that comes from making someone else’s day is priceless. So today, we encourage you to spread the love and make someon , ...International Parity at Work DayAll DayThe 11th of January is International Parity at Work Day, a day to celebrate our progress in achieving gender equality in the workplace. Let’s take a moment to recognize all the amazing women who have fought for this parity and what they’ve accomplished.We’ve come a long way, but there’s sti , ...National Take the Stairs DayAll DayIt’s time to get off the elevator and start using those stairs! National Take the Stairs Day, celebrated every second Wednesday in January, is a great opportunity to get some extra steps in and improve your health. Just a few minutes of stair climbing can make a big difference, so why not give it a try today?, ...
- 13National Rubber Ducky DayAll DayJanuary 13th is National Rubber Ducky Day! These little yellow bathtub companions have been making a splash since they were first invented in the early 1900s. While they may seem like nothing more than a childhood toy, rubber duckies have become a cultural icon and are beloved by people of all ages.In honor of thi , ...
- 15Nigeria Armed Forces Remembrance DayAll DayLike so many children, many Nigerian kids want to be in the army. Some have a duty to be in the army one day but when you see parades on days like the Nigeria Armed Forces Remembrance Day, kids might even want to join quicker than allowed by law.The Nigeria Armed Forces Remembrance Day (AFRD), usually known simply , ...
- 31Appreciate Your Social Security Check DayAll DayIt’s time, the 31st of January, to celebrate the Appreciate Your Social Security Check Day! This special day is all about taking the time to appreciate the hard-earned money that comes in every month from our Social Security benefits.Whether you enjoy spending your check on groceries, bills, or fun adventure , ...Brandy Alexander DayAll DayIn honor of National Brandy Alexander Day, we’re featuring this classic cocktail recipe. Made with brandy, crème de cacao, and cream, the Brandy Alexander is a smooth and decadent drink that’s perfect for sipping on a special occasion. Whether you’re celebrating with friends or enjoying a night alone , ...Eat Brussels Sprouts DayAll DayThe 31st of January is the date to celebrate one of nature’s most perfect foods – the brussel sprout! These little green gems are packed with nutrients and flavor, and they’re perfect for enjoying on Eat Brussels Sprouts Day. So make sure to stock up on your favorite brussels sprouts recipes and get , ...