National days are special occasions when we can celebrate the things that make our country great. April is a month full of them, from National Astronomy Day to National Library Week. So get out there and show your pride in America or wherever you are! Here are some of the most popular national days in April:
April 1st – National Fun Day
April 1st is National Fun Day, a day where people around the world take a break from their daily lives and just have some fun! Every year, friends and families come together on this day to celebrate with games, laughter, and lots of smiles.
There’s no better way to delight your friends than by giving them balloons or challenging them to an exciting race.
Schools, too, can join in the festivities by organizing April Fools’ contests or treasure hunts.
Whether it’s activities during recess or virtual ones planned online, everyone will have an enjoyable time playing along.
April 2nd – National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
April 2nd is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day – a day to celebrate the fantastic combination of ingredients that have grown to become a staple in many households around the world! PB & J has been an all-time favorite for kids and adults alike due to its delicious taste, convenience, and versatility – there are so many variations you can make.
From classic peanut butter and grape jelly to more creative combinations like almond butter and peach jam, these combos are sure to please any palette.
First Friday of April – National Walk to Work Day
April 3rd sees the annual National Walk to Work Day, a key date for preserving the environment and promoting physical health. Instead of taking the car or public transport, many people get out of their house and take advantage of this special holiday to walk to work instead!
From brisk morning strolls to healthy evening routes, a daily walking routine can have profound benefits for both our physical and mental health. Not only does it reduce air pollution from motor vehicles, but it also relieves psychological stress. By alternately leveraging physical activity into our daily lives, we can improve our wellbeing on a deeper level.
April 5th – National Deep Dish Pizza Day
What better way to celebrate National Deep Dish Pizza Day than with a slice (or two!) of the cheesy, saucy favorite. April 5th is a day to honor this classic dish, with its thick and fluffy crust that allows us to pile our pies high.
Fillings can range from traditional pepperoni and mushroom combinations to more creative recipes like chorizo and pineapple, or smoked salmon and cream cheese. No matter what you like on your deep dish pizza, it’s always delicious and guaranteed to satisfy your pizza cravings.
April 26th – National Hug a Friend Day
National Hug a Friend Day, a day dedicated to celebrating friendship! It’s the perfect opportunity to show your friends how much you care about them. Hugs are a great way of connecting and expressing love and affection for your friends, not just those you’re close to but even those who you don’t know that well.
A hug can go a long way in making someone feel special and it always leaves lasting positive impressions on people.
So Many National Days in April
There are many national days in April and when you look at these days and wonder how you can celebrate them or better what kind of gift to give to your beloved friend then check out the calendar below.
- 1National Sourdough Bread DayAll DayCelebrate National Sourdough Bread Day with Delicious Homemade Loaves!Calling all bread lovers – the day you’ve been waiting for has finally arrived! The 1st of April is National Sourdough Bread Day, a day dedicated to celebrating this wonderful and delicious craft. Whether you are an experienced baker or ju , ...April Fools DayAll DayHappy National Handmade DayAll DayCelebrating National Handmade Day: A Look at the Endless Possibilities of Unique, One-of-a-Kind CreationsThe first Saturday of April is National Handmade Day, and we’re celebrating with a closer look at the incredible possibilities of creating something one-of-a-kind. Hands can take seemingly simple or mundane mat , ...
- 2International Childrens Book DayInternational Children’s Book Day International Childrens Book Day (ICBD) is celebrated every year on April 2. This day honors Hans Christian Andersen, who was born on April 2, 1805. Andersen was a Danish author and poet who is best known for his fairy tales ICBD was first celebrated in 1967 and has been celebrat , ...World Autism Awareness DayWorld Autism Awareness Day is an internationally recognized day on 2 April, when organizations and individuals are encouraged to take action to increase understanding and acceptance of people with autism The United Nations General Assembly unanimously adopted Resolution 62/139 on 18 December 2007, declaring 2 April as , ...Happy National DIY DayAll DayCelebrate National DIY Day: How to Get Creative with Your Home ProjectsAh, do-it-yourself projects. Few things feel quite as rewarding as making something on your own, and on April 2nd the world will join you to celebrate National DIY Day! Whether you’re a crafty pro or have never picked up a hammer in your , ...
- 3Find a Rainbow DayAll DayFind a Rainbow Day: Celebrating the Beauty of Nature and Appreciating Loved Ones“Find a Rainbow Day” is a special day that celebrates the beauty of nature and the arrival of spring. The day is celebrated annually on April 3rd. It’s a reminder to look on the bright side of life, as well as to take , ...
- 4Bonza Bottler DayAll DayTime to celebrate National Bonza Bottler Day! This fun holiday is all about honoring those who go above and beyond, those who are always there for us, and those who make life a little sweeter. So today, we’re taking a moment to celebrate the bonza bottlers in our lives!What is Bonza Bottler Day?Bonza Bot , ...National Vitamin C DayAll DayIt’s National Vitamin C Day, and that means it’s time to stock up on your favorite citrus fruits! Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential for keeping our immune system functioning properly. It’s also important for collagen production, which helps keep our skin looking young and healthy , ...
- 5National Deep Dish Pizza DayAll DayPizza is one of the most universally loved foods out there – and for good reason! What’s not to love about a delicious, cheesy, doughy pie? April 5th is National Deep Dish Pizza Day, so in honor of this delicious holiday, we’re giving you a roundup of the best deep-dish pizza places in the country., ...
- 6National Tartan DayAll DayNational Tartan Day: A Celebration of Scottish HeritageNational Tartan Day is a holiday that takes place every April 6th in the United States. It was officially recognized by the U.S. Senate in 1998, through the efforts of a group of Scottish-American organizations and individuals who sought to have a day dedicate , ...
- 15Military Kids DayIn April we celebrate Military Kids Month with the highlight of Military Kids Day held on the 15th of April where we “Purple Up“, wearing purple clothing. We applaud the resilience of military kids who face unique challenges. While their parents are away deployed, these kids often have to shoulder extra res , ...
- 23British National Asparagus DayBritish National Asparagus Day British National Asparagus Day is celebrated every year on 23 April. It is a day to enjoy this British delicacy and to promote its consumption Asparagus has been grown in Britain since the 16th century and was once considered a luxury food reserved for the wealthy. Nowadays, it is more wi , ...World Book DayIn case you haven’t heard, it’s World Book Day! A time when we all set aside our iPads and Kindles to pick up a real, live book. (Although, I’m not against reading books electronically at all…) For all you bookworms out there, World Book Day is the perfect excuse to celebrate your favorite pasti , ...National Lost Dog Awareness DayAll DayDelicious National Cherry Cheesecake DayAll DayIndulge in the Sweetness of National Cherry Cheesecake DayWho doesn’t love cherry cheesecake? April the 23rd is National Cherry Cheesecake Day, so go ahead and indulge in your favorite dessert. Whether you prefer a classic New York-style cheesecake or something a little lighter, there’s a cherry cheese , ...
If you know about other days that we have not mentioned yet then please let us know and we add them. It does not need to be a national day or international day, it can be even a local day.
Contact us to send more info on these particular days.