- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Sep 03 2023
- Sep 03 2023
World Beard Day
On September 3rd, we celebrate World Beard Day, a day for those who celebrate the glory of the beard. This holiday was created in order to appreciate the art of beard growing and to promote beard culture around the world. Whether you have a full beard, goatee, mustache, or sideburns, this day is for you! Show off your facial hair with pride and join in on the fun.
It is a day for beard-lovers to come together and rejoice in the facial hair that sets them apart from the clean-shaven masses. On this day, beardsmen across the globe will dress up their facial follicles in all manner of styles, from the simple goatee to the magnificent handlebar mustache.
World Beard Day is also a time to reflect on the history of the beard and to celebrate the many men who have made this hairy style their own. From ancient philosophers to modern hipsters, the beard has been worn by some of the most influential people in history.
So whether you’re sporting a mustache, goatee, or full-on beard, take a moment on World Beard Day to appreciate the facial hair that makes you unique.
Beard grooming is an important part of many men’s daily routine. It’s a way to express themselves and can be a source of great pride. For some, it’s even a form of art.
History of World Beard Day
So how did World Beard Day come about?
It was started by two friends in Denmark, Mikkel Grønnebæk and John Christensen. In 2010, they came up with the idea while sitting in a bar discussing their beards. They thought it would be fun to have a day where people could celebrate their facial hair and share tips on beard care.
They chose September 3rd as the date for World Beard Day because it’s the birthday of Hans Christian Andersen, a famous Danish author who had a beard.
The first World Beard Day was a success and has been celebrated annually ever since. It’s now grown into a global event with participants from all over the world.
1. Beard hair is the fastest growing hair on the human body. It can grow up to 5 inches per month!
2. The average beard contains 150,000 hairs.
3. Beards can help protect against UV radiation and skin cancer.
4. Aristotle, Julius Caesar, Abraham Lincoln, and Charles Darwin all had beards.
5. Beards can keep you warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather.
6. Beards can filter out dust, pollen, and other allergens.
7. Beards can make you look more masculine, dominant, and attractive to potential mates.
8. Beards can help reduce acne breakouts by absorbing excess oil from the skin.
9. Beards can trap food and drink, so it’s important to wash them regularly.
10. Beards have been around for thousands of years and are here to stay!
Beards are a sign of masculinity and virility for centuries. In many cultures, they are seen as a symbol of strength and power. A well-groomed beard can make a man look more handsome and attractive. It can also be a source of great pride.
Beards can protect the skin from harmful UV rays and sun damage. The hair on the face can act as a natural sunscreen, absorbing up to 95% of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet radiation. This can help to prevent skin cancer and other forms of skin damage.
Beards can help to keep you warm in cold weather by trapping heat close to the skin. This is due to the fact that beards are made up of long, thick hairs which insulate the skin against the cold air. In fact, a beard can keep you up to 30% warmer in freezing temperatures!
Beards can act as a natural filter, trapping dust, pollen, and other allergens before they reach the lungs. This can be helpful for people who suffer from allergies or asthma. In one study, it was found that men with beards had significantly lower levels of dust and pollen in their lungs than those without facial hair.
Beards can make a man look more masculine, dominant, and attractive to potential mates. In one study, women rated men with beards as being more attractive than those without facial hair. Another study found that men with beards were seen as being more masculine and dominant than clean-shaven men.
Beards can trap food and drink, so it’s important to wash them regularly. This will help to keep the beard clean and free from bacteria. It’s also important to comb the beard regularly to remove any knots or tangles.
In fact, they have thought to date back as far as 100,000 years ago. They have been worn by many famous historical figures, including Aristotle, Julius Caesar, Abraham Lincoln, and Charles Darwin. Today, beards are more popular than ever before.
Growing a beard is a commitment and takes time and patience. It can take months for the hair to grow long enough to form a full beard. Once the beard is grown, it will need to be trimmed and groomed regularly to maintain its shape.
Beards can be a source of great pride. They are seen as a symbol of masculinity, power, and virility. A well-groomed beard can make a man look more handsome and attractive. It can also be a source of great pride.
There are many different types of beards, from the full beard to the goatee to the Van Dyke. Each type has its own distinct look and style. Some men prefer to grow a certain type of beard, while others let their facial hair grow wild and free!
How to Celebrate World Beard Day
Now that you know a bit about the history of this holiday, let’s take a look at some ways you can celebrate.
Here are some ideas:
1. Grow a beard (or mustache)
If you don’t already have facial hair, now is the perfect time to start growing it! September is a great month to start growing because the weather is cooler and your beard will have time to fill out before the holidays. Not sure how to go about growing a beard? Check out our guide on how to grow a beard.
2. Trim and groom your beard
If you already have a beard, make sure to give it some extra TLC on World Beard Day. Treat yourself to a professional grooming session or do it at home with some new beard care products. Either way, you’ll want to make sure your facial hair is looking its best.
3. Attend a beard competition
Beard competitions are a great way to show off your facial hair and meet other people who love beards as much as you do. There are competitions all over the world, so there’s sure to be one near you. If not, you can always enter an online contest.
4. Have a picnic or barbecue
What better way to celebrate World Beard Day than by having a picnic or barbecue with friends? Make sure to have plenty of food and drinks on hand, as well as some games like frisbee or cornhole. And don’t forget the sunscreen for your bald friends!
5. Go out on the town
If picnics and barbecues aren’t your thing, you can always go out on the town with your bearded buddies. Make a night of it and hit up your favorite bars and clubs. Or, if you’re feeling really adventurous, you could even travel to a new city for the occasion.
6. Watch a beard-related movie
If you’re looking for a more low-key way to celebrate, why not stay in and watch a beard-related movie? There are plenty of options to choose from, such as The World’s End, Zoolander, and Santa Claus: The Movie.
7. Read a book about beards
If movies aren’t your thing, maybe reading is more your speed. There are plenty of books about beards and facial hair, such as The Complete Book of Beards by Jack Passion and The Bearded Gentleman by Adam Gower.
8. Learn about the history of beards
If you want to get into the nitty-gritty of things, you can always learn about the history of beards. This is a great way to appreciate the art of beard growing and to understand where the trend started. You can find plenty of resources online or check out some books from your local library.
9. Make your own World Beard Day shirt
What better way to show your love for facial hair than by wearing a World Beard Day shirt? You can find plenty of designs online or you can get creative and make your own.
10. Donate to a beard-related charity
If you’re feeling generous, you can always donate to a beard-related charity. There are plenty of options to choose from, such as the Bearded Villains Foundation or the Movember Foundation.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, make sure to do it with a smile on your face and a beard on your chin!
What to give to your bearded friend on World Beard Day
If you have a bearded friend, you know that they take their facial hair very seriously. So what do you get them for World Beard Day? Here are 10 ideas:
1. A beard trimmer – This is a must-have for any bearded man. It will help keep their beard looking neat and tidy.
2. A beard oil – This will help to keep their beard soft and healthy.
3. A beard balm – This will help to style and shape their beard.
4. A beard comb – This is essential for combing out knots and tangles.
5. A set of beard scissors – These are great for trimming and shaping their beard.
6. A beard brush – This is perfect for evenly distributing beard oil and balm.
7. A beard kit – This is a great gift for the bearded man who has everything. It usually contains a trimmer, scissors, comb, brush, and other beard care products.
8. A gift certificate to a barbershop or salon – This is a great way to get their beard professionally groomed.
9. A subscription to a beard magazine – This is a perfect way to keep up with the latest beard trends.
10. A donation to a beard-related charity – This is a thoughtful way to show you care about their facial hair and the causes they support.
Why do we love World Beard Day?
There are many reasons to love World Beard Day. Here are just a few:
1. It celebrates facial hair in all its glory.
2. It brings people together from all over the world to celebrate their love of beards.
3. It raises awareness for beard-related charities.
4. It helps to break down barriers and stereotypes about bearded men.
5. It’s a day to have fun and be silly!
So whether you have a beard or not, make sure to celebrate World Beard Day on September 3rd!