- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Aug 02 2023
- Time: All Day
- Aug 02 2023
- All Day
National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
The 2nd of August is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day in the United States! And what better way to celebrate than by enjoying one of these delicious treats?
This day has been created to enjoy one of America’s favorite summertime treats – the ice cream sandwich.
This delicious treat consists of a layer of ice cream between two pieces of cookies or wafers. It is believed that the first ice cream sandwich.
Ice cream sandwiches are the perfect summer snack. They’re cool and refreshing and can be enjoyed anywhere. Plus, they’re easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. If you’re looking for a fun and easy recipe to make at home, look no further than this one from Food.com. It only takes four ingredients and can be made in minutes.
Ice Cream Sandwich
1 pint of ice cream, any flavor
8 slices of sandwich bread
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
1. Allow ice cream to soften slightly. Spread ice cream onto four slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread.
2. In a shallow dish, combine melted butter and chocolate chips (if used). Dip sandwiches into the mixture, coating all sides.
3. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
4. Remove from the freezer and enjoy!
Looking for a different flavor combination? Try this recipe for strawberry ice cream sandwiches from Cooking Light. It uses store-bought pound cake in place of bread and is filled with homemade strawberry ice cream.
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich
1 1/2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces pound cake, cut into 8 slices
1. Combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the strawberries have released their juices and the mixture is syrupy about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, combine strawberry puree, cream, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
4. Place eight 3×3-inch squares of plastic wrap on a work surface. Divide the mixture evenly among the plastic wrap squares. Fold each square up tightly, pressing to form a compact square.
5. Freeze for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight).
6. To assemble sandwiches, place two frozen strawberry squares on a slice of pound cake. Top with another slice of cake. Serve immediately.
How to celebrate National Ice Cream Sandwich Day?
Head to your local ice cream shop and enjoy a delicious ice cream sandwich.
Or better yet, make your own at home! There are endless flavor combinations to try so get creative and have fun with it.
Whip up a batch of these tasty treats and enjoy them with friends and family on National Ice Cream Sandwich Day!
No matter how you choose to celebrate, be sure to enjoy this delicious treat on August 2nd!
What to give on National Ice Cream Day?
If you are looking for a gift to give on National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, consider giving someone a gift certificate to their favorite ice cream shop. Or, better yet, make them their own personal ice cream sandwich! Just be sure to include a note letting them know how much you appreciate them.
For the ultimate ice cream lover, consider giving them an ice cream maker. This way, they can make their own delicious ice cream sandwiches any time they want!
Ice cream sandwich cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (5.6 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, eggs, pudding mix, and milk. Beat on low speed until moistened, then on high for 4 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the cake. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving.
4. Store the cake in the refrigerator.
National Ice Days
Whether you like your ice cream sandwiches classic or with a twist, there’s sure to be a recipe that you’ll love. So enjoy National Ice Cream Sandwich Day to the fullest and indulge in this delicious treat!