- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Apr 23 2073
- Time: All Day
- Apr 23 2073
- All Day
Delicious National Cherry Cheesecake Day
Indulge in the Sweetness of National Cherry Cheesecake Day
Who doesn’t love cherry cheesecake? April the 23rd is National Cherry Cheesecake Day, so go ahead and indulge in your favorite dessert. Whether you prefer a classic New York-style cheesecake or something a little lighter, there’s a cherry cheesecake recipe out there for everyone.
What is cherry cheesecake and where did it come from?
Cherry cheesecake is a classic yet beloved dessert prepared with cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and cherry pie filling, usually on top of a graham cracker crust. This traditional American dish originated sometime in the 19th century and has been enjoyed by many ever since.
From its classic diner presentation to modern craft interpretations, cherry cheesecake continues to be one of the most celebrated desserts today. Its popularity has even distinguished it from other cheesecake flavors with regional varieties found throughout the country. Whether you prefer it cold or warm, topped with chocolate shavings or ice cream – we can all agree that cherry cheesecake is absolutely delicious!
How to make a cherry cheesecake from scratch
To make a delicious cherry cheesecake from scratch, start by combining crushed graham crackers and melted butter to form the crust. Press the graham cracker mixture down into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan and pre-bake in the oven until lightly golden brown.
Meanwhile, create the cheesecake filling with softened cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until just combined, then stir in heavy cream or sour cream, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Spread this creamy filling evenly over pre-baked graham cracker crust and top with generous amounts of sweetened cherry pie filling before baking for about 45 minutes. Once finished baking, let cool, and chill for several hours before serving. Enjoy!
10 delicious cherry cheesecake recipes to try
Cheesecake lovers rejoice! For you, we have compiled 10 tantalizing cherry cheesecake recipes that you should absolutely make. Carefully crafted to provide delectable results, all it takes is the right ingredients, love, and patience to create these sumptuous desserts. Go for a classic New York-style cheesecake with a sweet cherry topping or maybe go wild and try something entirely different like a sour cherry ice cream version.
Whichever one you decide to make first, be sure to whip up any of these cheesecake recipes as soon as possible – they are absolutely worth it!
1. New York-Style Cherry Cheesecake – This classic recipe is a favorite for its creamy, decadent texture and delicious flavor combinations.
2. Chocolate Cherry Swirl Cheesecake – For those with a sweet tooth, this chocolatey twist on the classic cherry cheesecake can’t be beaten!
3. Amaretto-Laced Cherry Cheesecake – This Italian-inspired version adds a unique flavor to the traditional cherry cheesecake.
4. Sour Cherry Ice Cream Cheesecake – You won’t believe how creamy this ice cream version of the classic cherry cheesecake turns out.
5. No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake – This easy, no-bake version of the cherry cheesecake is perfect for a hot summer day.
6. White Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake – This luxurious treat is sure to impress with its combination of white chocolate and cherries.
7. Irish Cream Cheesecake with Cherries – An adult twist on the classic cherry cheesecake, this recipe adds a hint of whiskey and Baileys to give it a kick.
8. Gluten-Free Cherry Cheesecake – You don’t have to miss out on this classic dessert with this gluten-free cherry cheesecake recipe!
9. Caramel Apple Crostata with Cherry Cheesecake Filling – This unexpected combination of flavors is sure to please any crowd.
10. Coconut-Infused Cherry Cheesecake – This tropical-inspired cheesecake adds a hint of coconut flavor to the classic cherry mix.
5 creative ways to decorate a cherry cheesecake
Decorating a cherry cheesecake doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming; it can be a fun and creative endeavor that results in a beautiful end product. For example, you can add a few dollops of fresh whipped cream on top and then sprinkle sliced almonds for an elegant look.
Another creative way to decorate is by creating mini cherries with a mini cookie cutter and making edible cherry bows with edible lace. You could also pipe different colored frosting around the edges and spell out someone’s name as a special surprise.
Finally, you could use gel icing from a tube to make designs, shapes, or even images on the top of the cake. The possibilities are endless when it comes to decorating your cherry cheesecake- let your imagination run wild!
1. Pipe fresh whipped cream in a swirl pattern, then top with sliced maraschino cherries
2. Sprinkle toasted and chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans around the edges of the cake
3. Use gel icing to draw shapes or create floral designs on top of the cheesecake
4. Make mini chocolate-covered cherries and arrange them in a pattern on the cheesecake
5. Create edible cherry bows with edible lace or use colored frosting to pipe out someone’s name as a special surprise.
Why cherry cheesecake is the best kind of cake for National Cherry Cheesecake Day
There are a lot of cakes out there to choose from and it might be hard to pick just one as the best, but if you ask me, cherry cheesecake takes the cake. Combining cherries’ sweet goodness and cheesecake’s tangy deliciousness creates a unique flavor that can’t be beaten.
It has a delicate crust with a creamy filling that always satisfies any craving for something sweet. Plus, you get the fun addition of cherries on top for that extra burst of flavor. That’s why I think cherry cheesecake is by far the best kind of cake there is – no matter what special occasion or holiday you’re celebrating!
Now that you know all there is to know about cherry cheesecakes and can celebrate National Cherry Cheesecake Day, it’s time to get baking! Be sure to show us your creation by tagging us on social media – we can’t wait to see what you come up with!